July 27, 2008

Abuelito, Abuelita & the rocking chair.

O has been expressing great interest in sitting in the rocking chair. She'll put her back up against it and pretend like she's making the rocking motion. This chair has pretty significant meaning...it's been around since her daddy was born. Heath's mother who passed away used to rock him in it...so it's a very special piece. There is a really sweet picture that Stan (Heath's dad) gave him of Heath in the chair with his mom.
So the other day I sat her on the chair, which usually occupied by the play dolls, Abuelito and Abuelita, which my dad gave to her. (They sing too) Anywho, I moved them and sat her there. She had the BIGGEST smile...from ear to ear.....but still she motioned for A&A. I asked her if she wanted them and she laughed. So I sat them with her..and pushed their hands and they started singing (songs in spanish of course) and she LOVED it. She's such a loving little girl. I don't want her to grow up anymore! I want to keep her this way FOREVER!


2 comments:

Marlita said...

That is so classic of her! I love her to pieces!!!!!

liesel said...

I'd like to talk to you more about the hearing thing if you get a chance to email me. charissaurban@yahoo.com. Thanks, Charissa