July 9, 2008

One year ago.....

One year ago today.....our life changed with one little word....CANCER. My husband was diagonised with malignant melanoma of the eye. A few days later we packed up our things and took our 3 month old daughter to Philadelphia for a life changing experience & one week after he was diagonsed he lost his right eye. It happened so quickly, we didn't have to think, we just did. For each other and for our little girl. Today is a special day because, while yes it was tragic, Heath is still with us. He's a cancer survivor...as much as that's hard to still swollow.......it's the most courageous thing to hear and I'm so proud that he was so brave to face it! God had HIS hand in the midst of it all and helped us get through....there is NO DOUBT about that and I'm thankful for His blessings. Today.....It's a good day.
I love you Baby....O loves you too!


This was my post one year ago....

A little terrified of what's ahead but I'm hopeful. Right now I'm not sure if I'm going up or down. No words to describe what I'm feeling inside....until I heard this today and decided to stand up and call on my angels. I'm still a little scared but I know I'm...NO.....I know WE are in the safety of HIS arms.
_____________________________________________________________________________
I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup
When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you can feel the world shake from the words that I said
And I'm calling all angels And I'm calling all you angels
And I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up
I need a sign to let me know you're here
Cause my tv set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me
And I'm calling all angels And I'm calling all you angels
When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
While private eyes solve marriage lies cause we dont talk for years
And football teams are kissing queens and losing sight of having dreams
In a world where all we want is only what we want untill it's ours
And I'm calling all angels And I'm calling all you angels And I'm calling all angels
(I won't give up if you don't give up)
And I'm calling all you angels
(I won't give up if you don't give up)
Calling all you angels
(I won't give up if you don't give up)
Calling all you angels
(I won't give up if you don't give up)
Calling all you angels

1 comment:

Marlita said...

Heath is a survivor! Wow, your blog brought tears to my eyes, and I am glad God brought you two through that experience on top of things.